Monday, March 8, 2010

DarkFire IDE Update #2

Another WidgetTo-Do WidgetSystem Tray
See more photos here

Another Update. Though most changes are on the back end, I have made some modifications to the UI.
1) You'll notice that switching between widgets is a bit more responsive
2) Quick Search lets you search through programs, settings, and documentation
3) System Tray lets you check inactive widgets, perhaps seeing what's next on your to-do list, or how much time you have till your next event in a calendar. In the video, I have a simple clock running.
4) "System Options" gives you quick access to important things like the Finder (seen in my earlier video) and Settings
5) Standardized Notifications allow all running widgets to send you notifications, even if you're not looking at them. I got the general idea from Android, avoiding making these notifications annoying.



I am currently hoping to release a beta during the summer of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment